Monday, July 30, 2012

Gypsy










F21 Black Hat, Brandy & Melville Eagle Cut Out Top & Red Shorts, Nicole Toledo designed ankle boots for Payless, BCBGMaxazria Necklace 
The night before I posted this outfit on my blog, I was watching Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. The character Madame Simza Heron, the fortune teller looking for her brother is portrayed by no other than Noomi Rapace. She is a Swedish actress and is also known for portraying Lisbeth Salander in the film adaptations of the series The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Anyway, her character in Sherlock Holmes is a gypsy and so I decided that I would put this outfit together which is inspired by her character in the movie. I barely wear hats and definitely not ankle boots in Hawaii because it is very humid but to me, wearing clothes to create a character is fun even though it is out of my comfort zone.   


What do you think?




2 comments:

  1. Your ankle boots are amazing! I totally thought they were regular flats from front on but I like that they kind of have this surprise heel from the side. Off topic, Game of Shadows was awesome - the costuming and styling for the movie was so freaking good.

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete